The “Tomorrow’s Lawyer” is a unique program of professional development, exchange of experience and best practices for lawyers in order to strengthen their leadership role in implementing reforms, developing the legal community and the Rule of Law in Ukraine.
The “Tomorrow’s Lawyer” is a powerful network of lawyers, which brings together leaders of the legal profession, who provide legal assistance in accordance with the highest ethical standards, being agents of change in society and leaders in the professional community.
- Professional ethics. We believe that adherence to the highest ethical standards is the basis of the professional activity of the lawyer.
- Accessibility of law and justice. We believe in the importance of citizens’ awareness of their rights, the ways of their implementation and protection. A comprehensive reform of the justice system is vital for the strengthening of the Rule of Law and the right to a fair trial.
- Leadership. We believe in the community of “tomorrow’s lawyers” and its leadership in the development of the profession, advancement of the highest ethical standards for the provision of legal assistance and advancement of reforms.
- The desire for excellence and constant development. We believe in the need for continuous training and the exchange of experience and best practices.
- Serving the community and protecting human rights. We believe that serving the community and protecting human rights is the true mission of a lawyer.
The program is implementing by the Ukrainian Bar Association (UBA) and the Bar Association of Legal Aid Providers (BALAP) supported by the “Quality and Accessible Legal Aid in Ukraine” (QALA) Project funded by the Government of Canada, implemented by the Canadian Bureau for International Education (CBIE) in cooperation with the Coordination Centre for Legal Aid Provision.
The Program consists of four training modules:
- Your Client;
- Building Collegial Relations Within the Justice System;
- Communication Within the Professional Legal Community;
- Public Relations and Media