Soft Skills Development Training for Newly Appointed PGO Prosecutors (Group 7)
Trainings for newly appointed prosecutors of the Prosecutor General’s Office continue. During May 17-22, the seventh group of PGO prosecutors, who were appointed to the positions based on the results of the selection in September 2020, took a 6-day training on soft skills development for prosecutors exclusively developed by the “Tomorrow’s Lawyer”, NGO.
For six days, prosecutors worked together with trainers and experts on the following topics::
- Moral philosophy. “Justice and social control”, guidelines in the profession, their search and balance.
- Effective communication. Fundamentals of communication, patterns of behavior, counteraction to toxic communication.
- Communication with the media. How to work with public opinion? Working with the media in matters of public interest;
- Leadership. Prosecutor as a leader in cooperation with the pre-trial investigation bodies. Prosecutor as a leader in the implementation of a new organizational culture and institutional changes in the prosecutor’s office. Prosecutor – leader – personification of public prosecution;
- Institutions and change management. Values that build up new institutions. How to create and motivate a team to achieve goals. How to ensure transparency and accountability.
- Emotional intelligence. How not to burn out at work? The concept of emotional hygiene. How to embrace own emotions and understand other people’s feelings?
- Ethics of the prosecutor.
- Legal reasoning and writing. Legal texts formats, synthesis and written argumentation.
The program was developed by a team of trainers and experts from the NGO “Tomorrow’s Lawyer” with the support of the Law Enforcement Division (INL) of the US Embassy in Ukraine at the request of the Ukrainian Prosecutors Training Center. Trainings are held in the PRAVOKATOR Legal Club of the Coordination Centre for Legal Aid Provision and the Training Centre of Prosecutors of Ukraine.