Module 2 – Building Collegial Relations Within The Justice System, Group 12, Kyiv
On September 7-9, 2019, Group 12 of the third hundred of the “Tomorrow’s Lawyer” Program continues training in the development of soft skills within the second module of the Program dedicated to building collegial relations within the justice system.
Module trainers and experts with the participation of the Program team improved the program of the Module 2 based on the surveys of participants in 2017 and 2018. The second module is devoted to the important topic of communication between a lawyer and the court and other parties in the process.
Participants will work on the following topics:
- Establishing effective communication with procedural opponents. Ethics of communication.
- Handling toxic and complicated communication.
- Conflict management and communication with an aggressive counterpart.
- Direct and cross examination of witnesses.
- Strong advocate’s speech in court.
The trainers and assistants of the Module:
- Svitlana Savchuk, a certified business coach with 15 years of experience in business education.
- Peter Jarosz, U.S. Attorney General, currently the U.S. Department of Justice’s Legal Adviser at the U.S. Embassy in Ukraine.
- Svitlana Savchuk’s assistant trainer is a graduate of the second season of the Program, lawyer Tamara Bugaiets, certified soft skills trainer and Free Legal Aid system trainer. Tamara passed a training for trainers (TTs) to develop skills in working with vulnerable groups of FLA clients, which was organized by the “Quality and Accessible Legal Aid in Ukraine” Project together with the Coordination Center for Legal Aid Providing.
- Peter Yarosh’s assistant trainer is a graduate of the second season of the Program, lawyer Roman Shpyrka, trainer of the FLA system. Roman passed a training for trainers (TT) on the development of skills in working with vulnerable groups of clients of the FLA system, which was organized by the “Quality and Accessible Legal Aid in Ukraine” Project together with the Coordination Center for Legal Aid Providing.
The Group’s expert is Andriy Kostin, Deputy Chair of the Bar Council of Odesa Region, a member of the International Bar Association (IBA), and a recommended arbitrator of the Maritime Arbitration Commission at the CCI.