Criminology, criminal process, judiciary, prosecution, legal ethics and psychology, professional liability of lawyers, philosophy of law.
- Training at Law Schools of Universities in the UK, Spain, Poland, the USA, Hungary, 1997-2004;
- Candidate of judicial sciences, Kyiv National University after Taras Shevchenko, 1985;
- Kharkiv Institute of Law (National University «Law Academy of Yaroslav the Wise», Kharkiv), specialty “Jurisprudence”, 1968-1972.
- Dean, Head of the Department, Associate Professor of the Faculty of Law of the National University «Kyiv-Mohyla Academy» (Kyiv), 1997 – till present;
- Professor, Head of the Department of Constitutional and Administrative Law and Procedure at the Law Faculty of the Black Sea State University after Petro Mohyla (Mykolayiv), 2006-2011;
- First Vice-Rector of the National Academy of Prosecution of Ukraine (Kyiv), 2004 – 2005;
- Professor (part-time) of the Academy of Advocacy of Ukraine (Kyiv), 2000-2002;
- Professor (part-time) at the Faculty of Law at the State University of Zaporizhzhya (Zaporizhzhya), 1998-2000;
- Professor (part-time) at the Faculty of Law, National University of Ostrog Academy (Ostrog), 1997-1998;
- Co-founder and advocate at «Garant» Law Firm (Kharkiv), 1990—1996;
- Assistant, Senior Lecturer, Associate Professor at the National University «Law Academy of Yaroslav the Wise» (Kharkiv), 1977-1996;
ACTIVITIES RELATED TO THE LEGAL PROFESSION AND PROFESSIONAL ACHIEVEMENTS:
- Member of the Supervisory Board of the Ukrainian Bar Association, 2014 – till present;
- Member of the Specialized Scientific Council for Thesis Defence on specialties: theory of law, history of law, public international law – at the National University «Kyiv-Mohyla Academy», 2015 – till present;
- Member of the expert working group of the International «Renaissance» Foundation in the International Project (Ukraine, Georgia, Moldova) to study the rights of detainees, co-author and scientific editor of the report on Ukraine on the results of this study, 2014-2015;
- Member of the Scientific Advisory Board of the Supreme Court of Ukraine, the Scientific and Methodological Commission of Law at the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, the Governing Council of the World Congress of Ukrainian Lawyers, 2002-2005;
- Author and co-author of certain scientific and expert opinions at the request of the Constitutional Court of Ukraine, the Supreme Court of Ukraine, the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, 2000 – till present;
- Member of the working groups on the draft laws and codes of Ukraine: on credit unions, on banks and banking activities, administrative misconducts and defaults, criminal offenses, on prosecutor’s office, Administrative Procedure and Procedural Code, Criminal Procedure Code, 1998-2007;
- Member of the Editorial boards of National University «Kyiv Mohyla Academy» scientific notes (series – legal science) journals «Ukrainian Law», «Elections and Democracy», 1998 – till present.